Governing Body & Trust
Purbrook Park’s governing body is ambitious and prides itself on leading and directing the school’s strategic vision for the future. Governors are well informed and skilled to make decisions in regular meetings, conserving and developing the school’s infrastructure, and ensuring the effective and efficient spending of capital and resources.
As a Trust School, we are a state-funded, local authority maintained foundation school, which receives extra support (usually non-monetary) from our charitable trust, made up of partners working together for the benefit of the school and the community.
Trust status helps us to:
- Raise standards by strengthening new and existing long-term partnerships between schools and external partners.
- Broaden opportunities and increase aspirations for our pupils by supporting children’s all-round development, and by tackling issues of social deprivation and exclusion.
- Strengthen overall leadership and governance.
- Give business foundations and other organisations the opportunity to be more involved in our local community.
- Engage with parents.
- Bring a renewed energy and enthusiasm to the way we work by learning from other schools and external partners.
- Create our distinctive individual and shared ethos.
Our Governors are:
|Keith Belcher||Parent Governor|
|John Boyes||Parent Governor|
|Christine Braddock||Co-opted Governor|
|Paul Evelyn||Trust Governor & Chair of Governors|
|Timothy Gilbrook||Co-opted Governor|
|James Hill||Parent Governor|
|Andy Merefield||Co-opted Governor|
|Peter Moutray||Co-opted Governor|
|Jane Prescott||Trust Governor|
|Debbie Smith||Trust Governor|
|Paul Tansom||Parent Governor|
|Amy Taylor||Staff Governor|
|Andy Turk||LA Governor|
Our Trust Partners are:
Havant & South Downs College
Hampshire County Council
Portsmouth High School