Wear our uniform with pride
We have high expectations for uniform and expect our pupils to wear it correctly at all times. All pupils must ensure:
- Their tie is worn correctly
- They have their blazer on (unless they request permission to take it off)
- Their shirt is tucked in
- They have the correct skirt/ trousers and plain black leather shoes
- They are not wearing makeup or jewellery other than one plain gold or silver stud in the lower earlobe and a watch
All uniform items can be purchased from Skoolkit
Items may be purchased elsewhere providing they meet the exact style of our uniform.
Skoolkit can provide Purbrook Park School badges to be sewn onto blazers.
SHOES: All pupils must wear plain black leather shoes (no logos or excessive trims). All shoes must be low-heeled, not more than 6 cm, and must enclose the foot.
- Blazer including stitched on Purbrook Park School badge from Skoolkit
- House tie from Skoolkit
- Plain white shirt — standard collar / no logo
- Black ‘V’ neck jumper (not cardigan) for winter wear
- Black straight leg or tailored trousers (No tight or skinny trousers)
- Black knee-length skirt — (Please see acceptable styles from Skoolkit — no tube skirts)
- Plain black socks or tights
- From the 1st May until the end of the summer term, pupils are permitted to wear senior unisex day shorts purchased from Skoolkit
In negotiation with Skoolkit our uniform supplier, the following styles of skirt are acceptable. The skirts are to be a maximum of 10cm above the knee. No other styles will be permitted.
- Navy polo shirt with Purbrook Park School Logo from Skoolkit
- Plain navy or black round neck sweatshirt or navy & white rugby shirt
- Plain navy shorts (Can be purchased from Skoolkit)
- Plain navy or black tracksuit bottoms — (no other accepted including ¾ length). Tracksuit bottoms to be worn at the discretion of the PE teacher.
- Plain navy or black sports leggings (Can be purchased from Skoolkit)
- Navy woven football socks and white ankle/trainer socks
- A pair of football boots — no metal tipped studs or blades
- A pair of indoor trainers (with non-marking soles) — please note that for health and safety reasons, canvas type plimsolls are not an acceptable substitute.
- A pair of shin guards
- Gum shield (advisable)
Protective clothing is required for some practical work. The Departments concerned will give advice.
Hairstyles must not be unusual for example excessively short (minimum grade 2 is accepted), tram line, zigzag or dyed unnatural hair colours (including dip dyed). Braiding is allowed providing no beads are attached.
Pupils may choose to wear a watch. Pupils are also permitted to wear a single pair of plain gold or silver stud earrings in the lower earlobe. If pupils are seen with other jewellery they will be asked to remove it. If it is seen persistently it will be confiscated and parents will be asked to collect it.
Make up including false nails and nail polish is not permitted for any pupil.
Pupils need a range of equipment i.e. pens, pencils, pencil crayons, rubber, ruler, calculator and a suitable bag to take several A4 books and text books. Pupils must not bring small ‘handbags’ into school.
Purbrook Park has developed a high standard of education and dress. We are rigorous in upholding the school uniform, and it is expected that pupils wear it well and with pride. This includes to and from school, on school visits and excursions.
- Pupils are expected to wear blazers at all times unless given permission to remove them.
- Top Coats – these are to be worn over blazers only when outside during breaks and moving from lesson to lesson (outside).
- Hoodies are not permitted.
- Ties must be worn and shirts must be tucked in.
Please note that if a pupil persistently fails to wear their uniform correctly, detentions will be given or internal isolation if required.
Our Governing Body is mindful of the need to respect religious faith (see Equal Opportunities policy). Please discuss the matter with the Headteacher if you are unsure.