Beginning Key Stage 3 can be a daunting experience but there are many ways you can support your son/daughter in being successful at school:
- Engage with your son/daughter about their day – share successes and challenge concerns raised
- Provide a quiet place for your son/daughter to complete their homework and revision. A booklet with revision support materials is located on this page.
- Maintain good levels of communication with the school by attending Parent’s Evenings, engaging with your son/daughters report each term and contacting their tutor or subject teachers as required with any questions you may have.
- Support your son/daughter by encouraging them to be resilient and developing a Growth Mind set.
As a school, we will also support your son/daughter by:
- Ensuring our lessons meet their needs
- Supporting the development of a Growth Mind set
- Offering additional support, as needed, in lessons, and after school
- Communicating with you regularly to offer praise, or discuss any concerns we have about progress.
- Providing a space after school where they can stay and complete homework or additional learning if they wish
- Challenging any behaviours that prevent others from getting the most out of each lesson.
If you have any questions relating to support please contact your son/daughters tutor in the first instance.