Our beautiful main building was built by John Deverell in 1839, and remained in the Deverell family until 1919. In 1924, the county authorities bought the house and estate for £11,000.
In 1924, our school opened as ‘Purbrook Park County High School’. The school quickly became very popular and well respected, and an extensive building programme began. Our original school hall was built in 1928, and our first school gymnasium in 1935.
Further building work took place in the 1950s and 1960s as the school continued to flourish and grow in popularity. In 1989, the main building was 150 years old, and further extensions and renovations took place.
In April 2015, we were delighted to open our new state of the art 3G sports pitches. Brand new football, rugby and cricket pitches opened in September 2016. We now also have an outstanding Discovery Centre with new computer suites, a brand new kitchen, and two-storey canteen.
Over the last two years, we have renovated and extended our school even further. Fantastic facilities now include a brand new dance studio, and a new music suite with practice rooms and a recording studio. We have also refurbished classrooms and our main school hall. All of the work was completed on budget and on time, ready for the new school year in September 2017.
If you would like further information about our new buildings, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com