Microsoft Teams Code of Conduct
- I will be responsible for my behaviour and actions when using technology, this includes the resources I access and the language I use.
- I will make sure that all my communication with students, teachers or others using technology is responsible and sensible, and is solely work related.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material, I will report it immediately to my teacher or my parent.
- I will not share resources or videos created by my teachers with anyone who is not a pupil or member of staff at Purbrook Park School.
- I will not record or take photos of my peers or teachers during a face-to-face session.
- I will not share any school content on social media platforms or online.
- I understand that when using Microsoft Teams and other applications provided by the School: that my use can be monitored and logged by the IT Manager and can be made available to my teachers.
- I understand that these rules are designed to help keep me safe, and that if they are not followed: my parent(s) may be contacted and I may be removed from the live conferencing and/or disciplinary action may be taken.
- I will only take part in ‘live’ streaming if a responsible adult knows that I am doing it.
- When participating in a video conference on Microsoft Teams: I will ensure that there is no confidential information in the background (e.g. letters with addresses or personal family photographs).
- When participating in an audio or video conference on Microsoft Teams: remember that this is an extension of the classroom and you and other members of your household should conduct yourself as you would when on your best behaviour in school. This includes:
- Be on time for your interactive session
- Be fully dressed appropriately for learning
- Remain attentive during sessions
- Interact patiently and respectfully with your teachers and peers using appropriate language
- If disruptive during a live lesson: you may be asked to leave the group and complete the lesson, with the teacher’s guidance, at a later time.
- Video conference from an environment that is quiet, safe, and free from distractions. Try to avoid using a bedroom for video conferencing
- You MUST NOT record each other’s online interactions. If the lesson is to be recorded, this will be done by the teacher.
- Make sure you end the session as soon as the teacher indicates to do so, and do not stay in the session after the teacher has left.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Please complete tasks as they are set for each lesson. Teachers will be available at the times when they would normally be teaching you in order to answer questions.
- When you have completed a task: please indicate this to your teacher.
- Please submit all pieces of work on time.
- Failure to complete your work will result in your parents being informed.
Microsoft Teams Disclaimer
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in order for your child to use Outlook and/or Microsoft
Teams to share their work with others: we require your consent. Please read the Code of Conduct above before sharing with your child. Consent that you give permission for them to access the platform(s), in agreement with the conditions set out in the Code of Conduct above, is confirmed by reading these terms and using the platform(s). If you do not give this consent: please contact the school immediately and confirm they are aware.
For more information on GDPR, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/data-protection-factsheet-citizens_en.pdf . If you have any questions with regards to the use of Microsoft Teams to enhance remote learning: please forward them to Michael Bruce (Blended Learning Lead).