Governing Body & Trust
Purbrook Park’s governing body is ambitious and prides itself on leading and directing the school’s strategic vision for the future. Governors are well informed and skilled to make decisions in regular meetings, conserving and developing the school’s infrastructure, and ensuring the effective and efficient spending of capital and resources.
As a Trust School, we are a state-funded, local authority maintained foundation school, which receives extra support (usually non-monetary) from our charitable trust, made up of partners working together for the benefit of the school and the community. The Trust owns the land and the buildings of the school.
Trust status helps us to:
- Raise standards by strengthening new and existing long-term partnerships between schools and external partners.
- Broaden opportunities and increase aspirations for our pupils by supporting children’s all-round development, and by tackling issues of social deprivation and exclusion.
- Strengthen overall leadership and governance.
- Give business foundations and other organisations the opportunity to be more involved in our local community.
- Engage with parents.
- Bring a renewed energy and enthusiasm to the way we work by learning from other schools and external partners.
- Create our distinctive individual and shared ethos.
Our Governors are:
|Emma Bolton||Co-opted Governor|
|Christine Braddock||Co-opted Governor|
|Emma Aldred||Parent Governor|
|Clare Bremner||Parent Governor|
|Giles Cleverley||Parent Governor|
|Steve Jones||Trust Governor|
Trust Governor & Chair of Governors
Governor with responsibility for safeguarding
|Kerry Pomfret||Staff Governor|
|Jane Prescott||Trust Governor|
|Paul Tansom||Co-opted Governor|
|Andy Turk||LA Governor|
|Rev. Andy Wilson||Co-opted Governor|
Our Trust Partners are:
Havant & South Downs College
Hampshire County Council
Portsmouth High School