Careers Lead - Mrs B Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org - 023 92 370351
We have taken the commitment to undertake "The Quality in Careers Standard", working with CSW Investors in Careers (via Hampshire Futures).
As part of our Careers programme, pupils in Years 10 and 11 are allocated a 1:1 appointment with an EBP Careers Advisor. During their appointment, pupils are given the opportunity to discuss their future educational/career aspirations. Where necessary, pupils will be supported in identifying their strengths to enable them to select suitable College courses, apprenticeships or jobs. With over 20 years’ experience connecting businesses and schools, EBP South provides established, high-quality programmes which inspire young people about future career options and help them on their journey to the world of work. Working alongside forward-thinking businesses our proactive approach provides social mobility for young people, opportunities to challenge job role stereotypes and support for industries with emerging skills gaps, delivering a diverse, skilled workforce.
The PSHE Curriculum allows pupils to consider and explore career pathways through specific lessons using the Unifrog website, as well as developing and learning about employability skills, pathways and equal opportunities. In keeping with our commitment to provide students with outstanding careers guidance and tailored support when choosing their next steps after Purbrook Park School, we are using Unifrog; an award-winning, online destination platform. All students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 now have access to this website.
Unifrog is the universal destination platform and is designed to support learners in making the most informed decisions about their futures and has a range of tools that are suitable for all year groups. Each student has their own account where they can explore all the career and next step options available to them and find information on everything from managing their workload to writing a winning CV. Students have access to a wide variety of video and written content, and interactive quizzes and tests, including:
|Section of the Platform
|Examples of what students can do
|Suitable Age Range
|Finding their interests, personality type, preferred work environment, and skillset.
|Explore careers, career sectors, subjects, sign up to free webinars, explore MOOCs and courses, and find wider reading materials.
Years 7 - 11
|Recording what you’ve done
|Record their in-class and extracurricular activities, record examples of their skills, and see the record of CEIAG events the school has added to their accounts.
|Years 7 -11
|Searching for opportunities
|Find scholarships, activities, and bursaries to support their HE journey. Find and compare degrees in the UK and overseas, live apprenticeships, and FE courses.
|Years 10 -11
|Application materials / Making applications
|Write their CV, cover letter, Personal Statement, and more. Track their applications and record their Post 16 / 18 intentions.
Careers activities for 2023/2024 will include:
- Trips and workshops with Portsmouth University, as part of their Careers/Outreach programme.
- Year 10 EBP Employer Interview Day
- College taster sessions/days
- Links with local Colleges / technical education or apprenticeship providers
- Visits to local Universities
- EBP Careers Fair Years 7-10
We look forward to extending our links with Havant & South Downs College (HSDC), Highbury, Portsmouth and Fareham Colleges, as well as Portsmouth and Chichester Universities. Colleges offer information to support pupils and parents at many of our events and parents' information evenings.
- http://icould.com/ - Real stories to inspire your career
- http://www3.hants.gov.uk/business/skills-employment/apprenticeships.htm - Apprenticeships in Hampshire
- http://www.sciencecareerpathways.com/home/ - Science Career pathways
- http://www.careersworld.co.uk/ - A-levels, apprenticeships, University and more
- https://www.careersbox.co.uk/ - Career films on the web
- https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/home - Information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work
- https://www.careersadviceforparents.org/ - Advice for parents
- https://www.how2become.com - Information, advice and guidance on all aspects of your future career
INFORMATION FOR PUPILS
Are you 13—19 and living in the South of England? Careerpilot has the information you need to help you plan your future study and work.
Want to know:
- Your choices at 14, 16 and 18?
- More about different job sectors and what they are looking for?
- Information on routes to different qualifications, including apprenticeships and university level study?
- Your skills and how to use them?
Get ALL the information you need to help you plan your future study and work in one place at careerpilot.org.uk
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
The Careerpilot Parent Zone can help you as a parent to get answers to the career questions you want to ask about:
• Choices at 14, 16 and 18;
• Further Education College;
• Apprenticeships and Traineeships;
• Higher Education (including HE provided at local colleges);
• Job sectors and growth;
• Funding and support.