Careers Lead - Mrs J Hinks - email@example.com - 023 92 370351
We have taken the commitment to undertake "The Quality in Careers Standard", working with CSW Investors in Careers (via Hampshire Futures).
As part of our Careers programme, pupils in Years 10 and 11 are allocated a 1:1 appointment with our Careers Advisor. During their appointment, pupils are given the opportunity to discuss their future educational/career aspirations. Where necessary, pupils will be supported in identifying their strengths to enable them to select suitable College courses, apprenticeships or jobs.
The Careers Advisor also runs a drop-in session at break and lunch times, which is available to pupils weekly. Our Careers Library contains prospectuses, information books, and other careers related literature, which is available to pupils.
Pupils in Years 7, 8 and 9 undertake preparation for their future lives, by working on PSHE Careers programmes which allow them to identify appropriate future courses for them, as well as having introductions to local Colleges at our Year 8 Options Evening.
Careers activities for 2023/2024 will include:
- Trips and workshops with Portsmouth University, as part of their Careers/Outreach programme.
- Careers Development Days
- College taster sessions/days
- Links with local Colleges / technical education or apprenticeship providers
- Visits to local Universities
We look forward to extending our links with Havant & South Downs College (HSDC), Highbury, Portsmouth and Fareham Colleges, as well as Portsmouth and Chichester Universities. Colleges offer information to support pupils and parents at many of our events and parents' information evenings.
- http://icould.com/ - Real stories to inspire your career
- http://www3.hants.gov.uk/business/skills-employment/apprenticeships.htm - Apprenticeships in Hampshire
- http://www.sciencecareerpathways.com/home/ - Science Career pathways
- http://www.careersworld.co.uk/ - A levels, apprenticeships, University and more
- https://www.careersbox.co.uk/ - Career films on the web
- https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/home - Information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work
- https://www.careersadviceforparents.org/ - Advice for parents
- https://www.how2become.com - Information, advice and guidance on all aspects of your future career
INFORMATION FOR PUPILS
Are you 13—19 and living in the South of England? Careerpilot has the information you need to help you plan your future study and work.
Want to know:
- Your choices at 14, 16 and 18?
- More about different job sectors and what they are looking for?
- Information on routes to different qualifications including apprenticeships and university level study?
- Your skills and how to use them?
Get ALL the information you need to help you plan your future study and work at one place at careerpilot.org.uk
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
The Careerpilot Parent Zone can help you as a parent to get answers to the career questions you want to ask about:
• Choices at 14, 16 and 18;
• Further Education College;
• Apprenticeships and Traineeships;
• Higher Education (including HE provided at local colleges);
• Job sectors and growth;
• Funding and support.