We aim to build a safe learning environment for our pupils to learn PSHE at Purbrook Park School.
We will do this by:
- maintaining rights, respects and responsibilities (including working towards the UNICEF RRSA)
- having clear outcomes and expectations in all PSHE lessons;
- guide pupils on what they should or should not share, and what confidentiality means;
- sign-post information so pupils know where to get further help and advice in and out of school;
- introduce new and challenging topics which not only builds on prior learning but also reflects and meets the personal development needs of our pupils.
The PSHE programme at Purbrook Park School will take a positive approach which does not aim to shock, fear or
create guilt, but focuses on what we can do to keep safe and healthy and as such lead happy and fulfilling lives.
Every opportunity will be given to challenge myths or stereotyping to encourage pupils to have a wide and enriched view of the world in which we live.
The PSHE programme will include SRE and parents are advised that should they wish their child to abstain from any of these lessons, they should contact us and we will make alternative provision for their child during these lessons.