Welcome to Graphic Communication
In graphics at Purbrook Park School we aim to bring as many experiences as possible to our lessons to encourage pupils to have an enthusiasm for the subject.
Pupils are given opportunities to experiment with traditional and digital methods of photography/computer aided design/different drawing and painting skills/ digital and non-digital practices/collage and NOTAN
Pupils can opt to take Graphics as a GCSE in years 9, 10 and 11. We aim to cover some methods in the KS3 art programme as well.
Pupils learn to study and analyse artists work alongside their skills
Key Stage 4 Information:
Key stage 4 begins at the start of year 9 and all students opt if they wish to take graphic communications
- Year 9 is used as a foundation year and students are encouraged to enhance their skills and find Medias and materials that they can work best with.
- Projects and skills studied in year 9
- Autumn: Film and movie posters
- Spring: Pop up cards and web site based design
- Summer: graphic drawing practices
- Year 10 will be the first year of coursework. Pupils will cover 2 projects in this year including a portrait based movie poster project and a typography skills project. The summer term will be spent on improvement and drawing practice
- In Year 11 pupils cover a 3rd and final project and from January work on their controlled test set by the exam board
- The coursework projects account for 60% of the final grade and the controlled test (which is also practical) accounts for the other 40%.
Examination Board used:
We use the AQA Art and Design (Graphic Communications) GCSE
Qualification to be obtained:
GCSE Art and Design Graphic Communications .